Historic Markers Across Georgia



Perry United Methodist Church 1826



Marker ID: UMC 
Location: Carroll and Meeting Streets, Perry
County: Houston
Coordinates: N 32° 27.531    W 083° 43.889
  32.45885444    -83.73148007
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMA926
Perry United Methodist Church 1826  Marker
Photo by David Seibert



Text:

Organized as part of the South Carolina Conference in 1826, this church by 1830 was head of the Perry Circuit in the newly formed Georgia Conference and after 1866 in the South Georgia Conference. By 1922 Perry had become a station church. Its Sunday School, organized 18128, has been continuous. Both the South Georgia Conference and Perry WOMANS´S MISSIONARY SOCIETIES were organized December 15, 1879 during the 13th session of the South Georgia Annual Conference meeting in this sanctuary. Perry Ct. and Perry have given to ministry: 33 preachers, 2 deaconesses and 2 foreign missionaries in 154 years.

South Georgia Conference Commission on Archives and History




Perry United Methodist Church 1826
Photo by Ken Moser



 

076-A3