Historic Markers Across Georgia



The Old Loyd Place



Marker ID:  
Location: Located about 1/4 SE of the Newton County line on GA 142, at the intersection with Old Broughton Road.
County: Jasper
Coordinates: N 33° 30.677    W 083° 41.038
  33.511283    -83.683967
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM6W6N
The Old Loyd Place Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

Gifted to the University of Georgia College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences by Robert J. Loyd. Mr. Loyd died on December 31, 1998. Because of his love of this land and wish to honor his ancestors, it was Mr. Loyd´s desire to gift this farm to the University of Georgia as a field station for research and experimentation in biological and related disciplines.

In memory of those who loved and toiled on this farm. The preservation of this land is a tribute to their stewardship of the land and its fruits.
George Washington Loyd 1780 - 1872
James Loyd 1815 - 1854
Robert Lorenzo Loyd 1850-1924
De Witt Willson Loyd 1891-1963




The Old Loyd Place
Photo by Ken Moser



 

079-A1