Historic Markers Across Georgia



Southern Rivers Energy



Marker ID:  
Location: US 341 about two miles south of Barnesville, at Southern Rivers Energy (the renamed Lamar EMC)
County: Lamar
Coordinates: N 33° 00.870    W 084° 07.771
  33.0145    -84.12951666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM7W1D
Southern Rivers Energy Marker
Photo by David Seibert



Text:

Southern Rivers Energy
A Touchstone Energy Cooperative

REA Project 75 was chartered in February 1937 and was energized August 11, 1938, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. It became Lamar Electric Membership Cooperative. This day, January 23, 2005, as was changed the name to Southern Rivers Energy, the board of directors and membership dedicated this cooperative to the incorporating board of directors for their dedication to community and their foresight and diligence in making cooperative an asset to its members and the community it serves.

H.L. Simth, President J.E. Ballard, Sr.
O.L.Carter, Vice President H.L. Brandenburg
A.N. Moye, Secretary C.J. Childs
E.C. Milner, Treasurer W.H. Dunn
W.P. Elder

W.Y. Andrews, Manager
H.J. Kennedy, Sr., Attorney



 

 

085-A7