Historic Markers Across Georgia



Christian Science Church



Marker ID: VTC 
Location: at 305 E. Central Ave, Valdosta, GA.
County: Lowndes
Coordinates: N 30° 49.972    W 083° 16.623
  30.83286666    -83.27705
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMBWBE
Christian Science Church Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

The Valdosta Episcopal Congregation, organized ca. 1871, held services in the courthouse until this building, originally a frame structure, was constructed in 1885. (Stucco was added in 1910.) The first service was held here on February 21, 1886, and the church was consecrated December 1887. The Christian Science Society acquired the property on June 1, 1952, after Christ Episcopal Church had moved into a new edifice on North Patterson Street in 1949.

The Valdosta Town Committee, 1993



Christian Science Church
Christian Science Church
Photo by Ken Moser



 

092-A8