Historic Markers Across Georgia



Old Depot Site Warm Springs



Marker ID: GHM 099-4
Location: Depot park, junction of US 27 and Ga 85W, Warm Springs
County: Meriwether
Coordinates: N 32° 53.424    W 084° 40.857
  32.89039253    -84.68095781
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM4P64
Old Depot Site Warm Springs Marker  



Text:

Here stood the little depot of the Southern R. R. where Franklin D. Roosevelt arrived & departed on his many visits to Warm Springs
during the years 1924-1945.

A personal interest in the after treatment of infantile paralysis led him, in 1924, to the thermal springs at Pine Mtn., the helpful aid of which inspired him to establish the Georgia Warm Springs Foundation to combat infantile paralysis on a national level.

During his presidency of the United States, his Georgia home was the Little White House where he departed this life, April 12, 1945.

GHM 099-4 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1957



 

 

099-4