Historic Markers Across Georgia



Garrett-Bullock-Delay House (Side 2)



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: 3rd Ave at 14th St, Columbus, GA.
County: Muscogee
Coordinates: N 32° 28.371    W 084° 59.414
  32.47285    -84.99023333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM454Q
Garrett-Bullock-Delay House (Side 2)  Marker  



Text:

A fine example of Queen Anne style architecture, this High Victorian mansion was built in 1881 by Col. Joseph S. Garrett (C.S.A.)., Columbus merchant, postmaster, and planter. The house was sold in 1910 to Osborn C. Bullock, a Columbus banker and business leader, whose family resided here until the death of his last surviving daughter, Margaret Bullock Schaefer, in 1985. In 1986, Mr. and Mrs. Jerry DeLay purchased this Columbus landmark from the Historic Columbus Foundation and restored it to its original state of Victorian elegance. This structure was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.

ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION
AND THE GARRETT-BULLOCK-DELAY FAMILIES 1991




Garrett-Bullock-Delay House (Side 2)
Photo by CrippledBlindSquirrel


Notes:

SIDE 1: High Uptown Historic District

 

106-A27