Historic Markers Across Georgia



Trinity Episcopal Church (Side 2)



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: 1100 block of 1st Avenue, Columbus, GA.
County: Muscogee
Coordinates: N 32° 28.073    W 084° 59.496
  32.46788333    -84.9916
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM3C7Q
Trinity Episcopal Church (Side 2)  Marker  



Text:

(Continued from other side)

The nave seats five hundred. Stained glass memorial windows and marble floors enhance the dignified reverence of the setting. Two large brass chandeliers, originally glass burning, light the nave. Lewis C. Allen and H.H. McClintock served as first Wardens. The Vestry included E.L. De Granffenreid, Charles A. Peabody, John Forsyth, Jr. John A. Urquhart, George Hargraves, Jr., John E. Davis, and Mr. Lively. One of Columbus´s founders, Dr. De Graffenreid, held the charter meeting of the church in his home on First Avenue, then Oglethorpe Street, a site now owned by the church.

ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION
AND TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH 1989



 

 

106-A57