Historic Markers Across Georgia



Walker-Peters-Langdon House



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: 716 Broadway, Columbus, GA.
County: Muscogee
Coordinates: N 32° 27.592    W 084° 59.584
  32.45986666    -84.99306666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM3C1K
Walker-Peters-Langdon House  Marker  



Text:

Moveable, prefabricated houses similar to this Federal Cottage were available for purchase by settlers participating in the Land Lot Sale of 1828. Original owner, Colonel Virgil Walker of Harris County, transferred the lot and "all improvements" to Mrs. Dicey Peters, mother of Mrs. William Langdon. Six generations of the Langdon Family subsequently owned the house, traditionally known as the oldest in Columbus. The Historic Columbus Foundation acquired the property in 1966.

Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the Historic Columbus Foundation, 1980



 

 

106-A58