Historic Markers Across Georgia



City Hall - 1958-1996



Marker ID: NCHS 17
Location: Located in the park on College Avenue between Oak Street and Davis Street, Covington, GA
County: Newton
Coordinates: N 33° 35.752    W 083° 51.439
  33.59586666    -83.85731666
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WM73Q6
City Hall - 1958-1996 Marker  



Text:

In 1958, the school building, so well loved by so many, was demolished and replaced by long needed municipal building. It housed the administrative offices, the fire department, the police department and jail. In 1996, the building was refurbished to accommodate the City of Covington Police Department. All other functions of city government had been relocated.

Placed By Landmark Committee
Newton County Historical Site 17 May 22, 1996



 

City Hall - 1958-1996

Notes:

First Building to House all City of Covington
Administrative Offices, Police, and Fire Department.

 

107-N17A