Historic Markers Across Georgia



Newton County 4-H Program



Marker ID: NCHS 8
Location: Intersection of Hwy 36 and Hwy 162
County: Newton
Coordinates: N 33° 24.279    W 083° 53.178
  33.40465    -83.8863
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WM73X6
Newton County 4-H Program Marker  



Text:

The Newton County Boys Corn Club, first in the south and a forerunner of the 4-H Club´s, was organized in 1904 by G.C. Adams, superintendent of schools.

The girl´s tomato club, the paltry club and many other project clubs were formed as interest is spread in on the publicly became a part of 4-H.

In 1992, the Newton County 4-H program had an enrollment of 2600 members.


Placed By Landmark Committee
Newton County Historical Site 8, August 2, 1995



 

Newton County 4-H Program

Notes:

Wikipedia - 4-H

This marker commemorates the Newton County Boys Corn Club and 4-H Program

 

107-N8