Historic Markers Across Georgia



Davis's Div. at Dallas



Marker ID: GHM 110-8
Location: Ga 61 (N. Confederate Ave) at Polk Ave, Dallas
County: Paulding
Coordinates: N 33° 55.749    W 084° 50.626
  33.92915505    -84.84376547
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM293X
Davis's Div. at Dallas Marker  



Text:

May 26, 1864. Brig. Gen. J.C. Davis´ (2d) div. 14th A. C. [USA], reached Dallas on this rd. from Bishop´s Bridge (Pumpkin Vine Cr.).

These troops left Resaca, Gordon County, May 16, & marched to Rome via a route W. of the Oostanaula River. Leaving Rome, May 24, the command moved by Peek´s Spring (at Aragon), to Van Wert, where a road E. led via Bishop´s Bridge to Dallas.

Entering the town, Davis´ div. marched E. to the New Hope Church Rd. (State Highway 92) & established an intrenched line on the left of McPherson´s Army of the Tenn. [USA].

GHM 110-8 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1953



 

 

110-8