Historic Markers Across Georgia



Polk County



Marker ID: GHM 115-1A
Location: Courthouse in Cedartown
County: Polk
Coordinates: N 34° 0.81    W 085° 15.329
  34.01350329    -85.25547646
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM483C
Polk County Marker  



Text:

Created December 20, 1851 and named for President James Knox Polk, Cedartown is fittingly named for the trees which flourish in this beautiful valley. The city is a railroad center, has a thriving textile industry, and a large paper mill.

Rockmart, thirteen miles to the east, has textile mills that give the area much employment and a large payroll, and as well is the center of portland cement production.

GHM 115-1A Georgia Historic Marker 1953



 

 

115-1A