Historic Markers Across Georgia



Slosheye Trail



Marker ID: WPA 27 A-6
Location: Courthouse in Hawkinsville
County: Pulaski
Coordinates: N 32° 16.993    W 083° 28.14
  32.28322496    -83.46900281
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMA9JJ
Slosheye Trail Marker  



Text:

Slosheye Trail was used by the Indians and white traders as an artery of travel as early as 1750 and extended from Hawkinsville on the Ocmulgee River to Drayton on the Flint River. This ancient trail passed through Hawkinsville over the present Commerce Street. A steady growth of traffic, at first Indians and then white settlers, gradually widened it into a road, it was valuable factor in South Georgia´s development and is now a link in the State highway system.

Ga-27 Erected by State of Georgia A-6



 

 

116-A1