Historic Markers Across Georgia



Georgia 4-H Clubs



Marker ID: GHM 117-1
Location: Off Ga 300 at N entrance to Rock Eagle 4-H Center
County: Putnam
Coordinates: N 33° 25.321    W 083° 24.136
  33.42201898    -83.40226166
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM6ZHJ
Georgia 4-H Clubs Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

GEORGIA 4-H CLUBS
Motto: ´To Make the Best Better´

Georgia 4-H Club work started in 1905 with 151 boys, each growing one acre of corn, under the leadership of G.C. Adams. In 1911 girls´ tomato and canning projects were started.

4-H work led by County Extension Agents, became part of Agricultural Extension Service, University of Georgia in 1914. Membership increased to 126,927 by 1953.

The Georgia 4-H Center, located in Rock Eagle Park started June 1952, is a tribute to former members and be an educational training center for future members.

GHM 117-1 Georgia Historical Commission 1953



Georgia 4-H Center
Georgia 4-H Clubs
Photo by Ken Moser



 

117-1