Historic Markers Across Georgia



Patterson Hospital (Side 2)



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: 202 Pine Street (behind Post Office) in Cuthbert, GA
County: Randolph
Coordinates: N 31° 46.352    W 084° 47.393
  31.77254155    -84.7898863
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMAFGF
Patterson Hospital (Side 2) Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

On this site, in this house, Dr. Frederic Patterson established the first hospital in this section of Georgia, January, 1916. It contained an operating room and four beds for inpatients. Joined by his nephew, Dr. J.C. Patterson, they moved the hospital to the Rumph House October 1919. They later bought the old two-story schoolhouse and moved the hospital there December, 1925. Fire destroyed this building on the night of February 19, 1946. Dr. J.C. Patterson returned to the Rumph House and began construction on the present hospital which opened on July 1, 1947.

Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commisison, the City of Cuthbert, Randolph County Commission, Randolph Historical Society, 1985




Patterson Hospital (Side 2)
Photo by Ken Moser



 

120-A5