Historic Markers Across Georgia



Hephzibah Methodist Church



Marker ID: GHM 121-32
Location: South of Ga 88 at the church in Hephzibah
County: Richmond
Coordinates: N 33° 18.657    W 082° 5.843
  33.31095    -82.09739
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM7AFP
Hephzibah Methodist Church Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

The Brothersville Methodist Church was organized in March 1852 in the community of Brothersville to serve the fifteen families living there. The building completed in 1853, was dedicated in 1854 by Bishop George Pierce. In 1890 the church was moved a short distance to the village of Hephzibah Methodist Church. Many outstanding citizens have gone from its ranks to other communities. Among them are Rev. Milton Anthony Clark, for thirty years a missionary to the Indians in Oklahoma, and Rev. W.H. Clark.

GHM 121-32 Georgia Historical Commission 1956



Hephzibah Methodist Church
Hephzibah Methodist Church
Photo by Ken Moser



 

121-32