Historic Markers Across Georgia



City of Donalsonville



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: Park on Wiley Avenue, Donalsonville
County: Seminole
Coordinates: N 31° 2.562    W 084° 52.966
  31.04270536    -84.88276076
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMBKPH
City of Donalsonville Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

According to a map `plan of Donalson` dated April 1889, the town was laid out by john earnest Donalson. On December 8, 1897, a charter, signed by Governor William Yates Atkinson, was granted incorporating the town of Donalsonville. Officers appointed were: Thomas Chason, Mayor; John E. Donalson, W.B. King, S.D. Cherry, R.D. Carr, Aldermen. This charter was amended august 12, 1922 and the name changed to city of Donalsonville.

Erected by
The Historic Chattahoochee Commission
and the City of Donalsonville
1980




City of Donalsonville
Photo by Ken Moser



 

125-A1