Historic Markers Across Georgia



Louvale Church Row



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: At Louvale on US 27
County: Stewart
Coordinates: N 32° 10.624    W 084° 49.469
  32.17705917    -84.82448556
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMA754
Louvale Church Row Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

Originally Antioch, the town developing at the terminus of the Savannah, Americus and Montgomery (Little SAM) Railroad, was renamed Louvale in 1886.
Antioch Primitive Baptist Church, founded 1832 in Pleasant Valley, moved to Moccasin Gap 1842 and here 1851. Present church was erected c. 1885 to replace original log structure.

Marvin Methodist Church, founded 1830 in Green Hill. Moved here 1990 when present building was erected.

New Hope Baptist Church, constituted 1860 two miles from here. Moved to present building in 1901.

Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the Louvale Community, 1986



 

 

128-A11