Historic Markers Across Georgia



Plains City Hall



Marker ID:  
Location: S. Hudson St at Church St, Plains, GA
County: Sumter
Coordinates: N 32° 02.029    W 084° 23.653
  32.03381666    -84.39421666
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WMWKRD
 



Text:

Plains City Hall


In the 1930's, Ernest Spann, built and operated a service station here. In the 1940's, Oliver Spann, son of Ernest and Carrie Oliver Spann, operated a bowling alley in the rear of the building. This building has served a number of different functions, including a gas station, café, barbershop, and bus station. Today this building serves as Plains City Hall.



 

 

129-A44