Historic Markers Across Georgia



Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church



Marker ID: GHM 132-2
Location: approx. 6 miles north of Collins, Ga. on Cedar Creek Church Rd. approx. 2 miles from intersection with Ga. 121/Ga.57
County: Tattnall
Coordinates: N 32° 14.432    W 082° 6.069
  32.24053511    -82.10114223
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM9CZ8
Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church was organized April 10, 1813. The first pastor was Samuel Strange; first clerk was John Collins; first deacons were Frederick Holland, John Collins, and H.H. Kennedy. Other deacons include Redding Yeomans, J.J. Kennedy, Lewis Powell, Homer Powell, Daniel Lynn, W.A. West, Jr., W.A. Kennedy, J.T. Holland, Morgan Powell, Olen Kennedy, Sr., W.A. West, Sr.

On April 10, 1854, Frederick Holland (1800-1881) donated 116 acres of land to the Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church

GHM 132-2 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1957



 

 

132-2