Historic Markers Across Georgia



The Montgomery Hospital



Marker ID:  
Location: west of downtown Butler on W Main St (GA 137), Butler, GA.
County: Taylor
Coordinates: N 32° 33.537    W 084° 14.648
  32.55895    -84.24413333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMX35Q
The Montgomery Hospital Marker
Photo by Tim Walleker



Text:

The Montgomery Hospital


In 1937, Robert Clarence Montgomery, MD, established on this site Taylor County's first hospital, The Montgomery Hospital. Dr. Montgomery rendered medical services ranging from treatment for the common cold to surgical procedures. Delivering babies and mending broken bones were all in a days work at The Montgomery Hospital. Dr. Montgomery maintained an active medical practice until his death on November 10, 1963.
His son, Dr. Robert Clifford Montgomery, joined the practice in 1950 and continued the tradition of caring for the sick and injured until 1982 when the hospital closed.

Sponsor by The Mayor and City Council of Butler, Georgia
and the Medical Center of Central Georgia of Macon, Georgia.



 

 

133-A05