Historic Markers Across Georgia



Montgomery Corner - Removed



Marker ID: WPA 76 A-5 8
Location: mi E of Hiawassee, Ga 2 & US 76
County: Towns
Coordinates:   
Status: The marker has been removed.
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Montgomery Corner, 5 miles northeast, on the Georgia-North Carolina line, marks the southern end of a half mile of the State boundary line. It was established in 1818, by J. Camack and H. Montgomery, to mark the end of a survey run east from the corner of Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, along what was thought to be the 35th parallel.

The line run west in 1819 from the northeast corner of Georgia ends one half mile north of the Montgomery Corner stone marker.

139-A5 WPA

Not standing



 
Notes:

Missing or Removed