Historic Markers Across Georgia



East Depot High School



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: E. Depot and Daniel Streets, LaGrange
County: Troup
Coordinates: N 33° 2.131    W 085° 1.132
  33.0355227    -85.01887404
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM4Q06
East Depot High School Marker  



Text:

East Depot High School, constructed in 1923, began in 1866 as LaGrange Academy. East Depot provide education for African-Americans in LaGrange. The school produced many outstanding alumni with careers in education, business, law, medicine, religion, science, the arts, government and the Armed Forces. EDHS closed in 1970 when it merged into LaGrange High School. Graduates will always remember their pride in "The Wolverines" and the dedicated service of the educators.

Erected by Alumni of East Depot High School, Troup County Historical Society, and the Historic Chattahoochee Commission, 1997



 

 

141-A1