Historic Markers Across Georgia



William Hogan Plantation



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: Main St just NE of Maple St at Cemetery, Hoganville
County: Troup
Coordinates: N 33° 10.214    W 084° 54.425
  33.17023635    -84.90708592
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM4NGW
William Hogan Plantation Marker  



Text:

William Hogan, born January 20, 1804, established a plantation in the 1830´s encompassing much of the present town of Hogansville. When he gave the right-of-way to the railroad in 1849, he stipulated that a depot be built where the railroad crossed the old Augusta Highway. Following his death in 1861, his son-in-law John Pullin sold the land for business and residential use. Hogansville was chartered in 1870. The Victorian house southwest of the cemetery occupies almost the same spot as the original Hogan House which burned in 1899. The existing house was built by Hogan´s granddaughter, Eugenia Pullin Word, in 1901.

Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the Troup County Historical Society, 1986



 

 

141-A8