Historic Markers Across Georgia



Ramah Church



Marker ID: GHM 158-3
Location: Ga 57 about 1/4 mile east of Ga 18 near Gordon, GA
County: Wilkinson
Coordinates: N 32° 51.567    W 083° 20.462
  32.85945814    -83.34102941
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM7TAN
Ramah Church Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

Ramah Primitive Baptist Church on South Fork of Commissioner´s Creek was constituted June 10, 1809 by the Brethren Gaylord and McGinty with ten members. Educational, social, and cultural affairs of the community centered around affairs of the community centered around the church for years before the town of Gordon was established. The Ramah Guards, Volunteer Infantry, C.S.A. left for Virginia, from the church after impressive ceremonies and a flag presentation. Many descendants of people prominent in Ramah District still reside nearby.

The Sanders Association sponsored this marker as a memorial to the Christian spirit of Ramah´s founders.

GHM 158-3 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1955



Ramah Church
Ramah Church
Photo by Ken Moser


Notes:

Georgia 14th Infantry Regiment
Georgia 14th Infantry Regiment

 

158-3