Tuscaloosa County (63)

Historic Markers Across Alabama

 

Tuscaloosa County was created on 1818.

The county seat is in Tuscaloosa, AL.,
and the county is 1,322 sq mi Square Miles in area.



  Click here to visit the Tuscaloosa county home page.

  FIPS Code: 01125

  Information about Tuscaloosa County, Alabama, from Wikipedia.

  US Census Quick Facts about Tuscaloosa County.

 

There are 130 Historic Markers in Tuscaloosa County.

Alabama Central Female College   -    
  can be reached from the intersection of 6th Street and 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Alabama Corps of Cadets Defends Tuscaloosa   -   AHA 
  on University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Alpha Delta Pi - Organized May 15, 1851   -   AHA 
  on Magnolia Drive north of Paul W. Bryant Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Amelia Gayle Gorgas - 1826-1913   -    
  can be reached from Capstone Drive., Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Arthur P. Bagby - Governor 1837 - 1841   -    
  on 6th Street west of 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Autherine Lucy Foster   -    
  intersection of University Blvd and Colonial Dr, Tuscaloosa, AL      

B.B. Comer Hall, 1908   -    
  can be reached from the intersection of McCorvey Drive and Stadium Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Beautiful Zion African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church   -   AHC 
        

Bell UH-1 Iroquois (Huey)   -    
  on McFarland Boulevard East (U.S. 82), Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Benjamin Fitzpatrick - Governor 1841 - 1845   -    
  6th Street west of 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Bethany Baptist Church   -   AHA 
        

Bethel Baptist Church   -   AHA 
        

Bethel Missionary Baptist Church   -   AHA 
  On Mobile Rd at Clio St., Montgomery, AL WMJVK1      

Bethel Presbyterian Church   -   AHA 
        

Big Creek Cemetery   -   AHA 
  Camp Oliver Rd., Adger, AL      

Big Hurricane Missionary Baptist Church   -   AHA 
  Camp Oliver Rd., Adger, AL WMEQQV      

Black Warrior's Town   -   AHA 
        

Brown Memorial Presbyterian Church   -   AHA 
  is on Stillman Boulevard (U.S. 11), Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Bryce Hospital   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Campus Drive East and Bryce Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Bryce Hospital Cemetery #2   -   AHC 
  on Jack Warner Parkway Northeast north of 8th Avenue Northeast, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Burns' Shoals   -   AHA 
  can be reached from Greensboro Avenue north of 2nd Street (Jack Warner Parkway). Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Byler Road   -   AHA 
        

Captain Benjamin F. Eddins   -   AHA 
  can be reached from Greensboro Avenue north of 2nd Street (Jack Warner Parkway). Tuscaloosa, Alabama WMD0FM      

Castle Hill - Daly Bottom Community   -   AHA 
  on Paul W Bryant Drive east of 2nd Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Chabannes - Sealy House   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Greensboro Avenue (State Highway 215) and 13th Street, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Christ Episcopal Church   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Lurleen B Wallace Boulevard North (U.S. 43) and 6th Street, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Christian Home   -   AHA 
        

Civil War Site 1861-1865   -    
  in the Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park, near McCalla, Alabama      

Clement Comer Clay - Governor 1835 - 1837   -    
  on 6th Street west of 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Coker Baptist Church   -   AHA 
  14608 Romulus Road, Coker, AL      

Delta Kappa Epsilon   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of University Boulevard and Stadium Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Denny Chimes   -   AHA 
  can be reached from University Boulevard west of 6th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Druid City Hospital School of Nursing   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Hackberry Lane and 4th Street, Tuscaloosa County      

Eighth Iowa Cavalry - Croxton's Raid   -    
  in the Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park, in the Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park      

Elizabeth Missionary Baptist Church   -   AHC 
        

Elizabeth Missionary Baptist Church   -   AHC 
        

First African Baptist Church - Tuscaloosa, Alabama   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Stillman Boulevard and Ty Rogers Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

First Baptist Church   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Greensboro Avenue and 8th Street, Tuscaloosa, Alabama WMCVWZ      

First Baptist Church of Northport   -   AHC 
        

First Papermaking In Alabama   -    
  on Jack Warner Parkway Northeast north of Helen Keller Blvd, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

First Presbyterian Church   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Greensboro Avenue and Stillman Blvd, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

French 75 Millimeter Feldhase   -    
  McFarland Boulevard East (U.S. 82), Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Gabriel Moore - Governor 1829 - 1831   -    
  on 6th Street west of 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Geological Survey of Alabama / State Geologists of Alabama / State Geologists of Alabama   -   AHA 
        

Gilgal Baptist Church   -   AHA 
  3000 Bear Creek Road E, Duncanville, AL      

Gorgas House   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Capstone Drive and Colonial Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Grant's Creek Baptist Church   -   AHA 
  in Tuscaloosa at Gorgas House      

Greenwood Cemetery   -    
  reached from the intersection of Ty Rogers Avenue (27th Avenue) and 10th Street, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Gun from the U.S.S. Tuscaloosa   -    
  on McFarland Boulevard East (U.S. 82), Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Historic Site   -    
  at the intersection of 15th Street and Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama WMFAAX      

Historic Stillman House 1870s   -   AHC 
        

Home Guard Defended Covered Bridge / Bridging The Black Warrior River   -   AHA 
  on Bridge Avenue, Northport, Alabama      

Home of Hudson & Therese Strode   -   AHA 
        

Hopewell Baptist Church   -   AHA 
        

Horace King   -   AHA 
  can be reached from Greensboro Avenue near 2nd Street (Jack Warner Parkway), Tuscaloosa, Alabama WMCZJ7      

Hugh McVay - Governor 1837   -    
  on 6th Street west of 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Hunter's Chapel   -   AHA 
        

Jennings Chapel United Methodist Church   -   AHA 
        

John Gayle - Governor 1831 - 1835   -    
  6th Street west of 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

John Murphy - Governor 1825 - 1829   -    
  7th Street west of 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Joshua L. Martin - Governor 1845 - 1847   -    
  8th Street west of 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Kappa Delta   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Magnolia Drive and Sorority Circle, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

M60A3 TTS Medium Tank   -    
  on McFarland Boulevard East (U.S. 82), Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Malone Hood Plaza   -    
  in front of the Foster Auditorium, Building # 7059 on the Campus of The University of Alabama      

Margaret M. DuPont   -    
  in the Municipal Plaza behind the Tuscaloosa City Hall on 22nd Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Marr's Spring   -   AHA 
  on the Campus of the University of Alabama, Marrs Spring Road south of Campus Drive east, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Masons Marks   -    
  the intersection of 6th Street and 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Maxwell Hall   -    
  on Stadium Drive north of University Blvd, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Morgan Hall, 1910   -    
  on the Campus of the University of Alabama. Marker near the intersection of Colonial Drive and Capstone Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Navigation and Shipbuilding On The Black Warrior River   -   AHA 
  on Greensboro Avenue north of 2nd Street (Jack Warner Parkway), Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Northport Baptist Church   -   AHA 
        

Northport First United Methodist Church   -   AHA 
  on Main Avenue, Northport, Alabama      

Northport School   -   AHA 
        

Old Bryce Cemetery   -    
  Jack Warner Parkway Northeast south of McFarland Blvd East (U.S. 82), Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Old Center Church   -   AHA 
  on New Watermelon Road south of Harbour Ridge Way, Tuscaloosa, AL      

Old Lock One   -   AHA 
  Tuscaloosa Riverwalk      

Old Tavern   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of 28th Avenue and University Blvd, Tuscaloosa, Alabama WMWEHW      

Oliver-Barnard Hall - College of Arts and Sciences   -    
  from Capstone Drive east of Colonial Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Original Village of North Port / Northport's Cotton Industry   -   ABT 
        

Partlow State School and Hospital   -   AHA 
        

Queen Park   -   ABT 
        

Replicas gates for Northington General Hospital   -    
  on McFarland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Romulus, Alabama   -   ABT 
        

Rotunda Plaza   -    
  west side of the front steps to the Amelia Gayle Gorgas Library, Building #1013, on the Campus of the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Running Skirmish at Romulus   -   AHA 
        

Samuel B. Moore - Governor 1831   -    
  6th Street west of 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Shirley Bridge   -   AHA 
        

Shirley Place   -   AHC 
  Main Avenue north of 5th Street, Northport, Alabama      

Shockly's Escort Company of Cavalry   -    
  to the left of the south entrance of the Amelia Gayle Gorgas Library building #1013 on the campus of the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Sigma Alpha Epsilon   -   AHA 
  intersection of University Boulevard and 5th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Site of Alabama State Capitol 1826-1846   -   AHA 
        

Site of Franklin Hall - (The Mound)   -   AHA 
  located a few yards south of the John T. Oliver-Barnard Hall building #1027 on the Campus of the University of Alabama, near Capstone Drive east of Colonial Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Site of Queen City Park Softball Field - 1936-1967   -   AHA 
  on Jack Warner Parkway, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Site of The Stand In The Schoolhouse Door   -    
  front side of the Foster Auditorium Building # 7059 on the Campus of The University of Alabama, near the intersection of 6th Avenue and 8th Street, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Skirmish at Trion   -   AHA 
        

Smith Hall, 1908   -    
  at the intersection of 6th Avenue and Capstone Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

St. John The Baptist Catholic Church   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Lurleen B Wallace Boulevard North (U.S. 43) and 8th Street, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Stillman College   -   AHA 
  on Stillman Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Storrs Cadet Troop   -    
  to the right of the south entrance of the Amelia Gayle Gorgas Library building #1013 on the campus of the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Tannehill Furnace And Foundry - (1829-1865)   -    
  on Bucksville Road (Alabama Route 216) east of Interstate 59/20, McCalla, Alabama      

Tannehill Furnaces   -    
  in the Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park, in the Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park      

Tannehill Ironworks   -    
  in the Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park, in the Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park      

Tannehilll Furnace and Foundry   -   DAR 
  22481 Highway 316, McCalla, AL WMGHRV      

The Architect   -    
  in Capitol Park on the east side of the Capitol Ruins near the intersection of 6th Street and 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

The Black Warrior River   -   AHA 
  in the Black Warrior Riverwalk Park east or upriver of the Lurleen B. Wallace Blvd Bridge, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

The Friedman Home   -   AHA 
  on Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

The Gorgas-Manly Historic District   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Stadiium Drive and McCorvey Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

The Indian Fires Are Going Out   -   AHA 
  is on 28th Avenue south of 2nd Street, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

The Jemison Home   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Greensboro Avenue (State Highway 215) and 13th Street, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

The Little Round House   -    
  on Capstone Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

The M & O Railroad Trestle   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of 2nd Street and 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

The Mildred Warner House   -   AHA 
  30th Ave. East, Tuscaloosa, AL      

The President's Mansion   -    
  on University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

The University of Alabama School of Law   -    
  on Paul W. Bryant Drive east of 2nd Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

The Warrior-Tombigbee Waterway   -   AHA 
  ocated in the Manderson Landing Park between Jack Warner Parkway Northeast and the Black Warrior River, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Tuomey Hall - College of Arts and Sciences   -    
  Building #1199, Tuomey Hall is located on the Campus of the University of Alabama near Capstone Drive west of 6th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Tuscaloosa City Hall   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of University Blvd and 22nd Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama WMWEH9      

Tuscaloosa County Veterans Memorial   -   AHA 
  on McFarland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Tuscaloosa First United Methodist Church   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of Greensboro Avenue and 8th Street, Tuscaloosa, Alabama WMCVWQ      

Tuscaloosa Landing   -   AHA 
  Tuscaloosa Riverwalk      

Tuscaloosa Second State Capital - 1826-1846   -    
  at the intersection of 6th Street and 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

U.S.S. Tuscaloosa (CA 37)   -    
  on McFarland Boulevard East (U.S. 82), Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

University Club   -   AHA 
  at the intersection of University Blvd. and Queen City Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

University of Alabama   -   AHA 
  located next to Denny Chimes on the Campus of the University of Alabama near University Boulevard west of 6th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

University of Alabama Civil War Memorial - 1861 - 1865   -    
  near the south entrance to the Amelia Gayle Gorgas Library building #1013 near Capstone Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

University of Alabama's Slavery Apology   -    
  at the intersection of Hackberry Lane and Margaret Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Vought A-7E Corsair II   -    
  on McFarland Boulevard East (U.S. 82), Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Willys Jeep   -    
  on McFarland Boulevard East (U.S. 82), Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

Wilson-Clements House   -   AHC 
        

Woods Hall, 1868   -    
  Building # 1214, Woods Hall is located on the Campus of the University of Alabama, near McCorvey Drive and Stadium Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama      

 

M  - The marker is missing.
R  - The marker has been removed.

 

Other Tuscaloosa County Resources.

Alabama Department of Archives and History