Historic Markers Across Alabama



Stockton Presbyterian Church Organized 1847



Marker ID:  
Location: 53320 Alabama 59, Stockton, AL
County: Baldwin
Coordinates: N 31° 0.176    W 087° 51.188
  31.00293333    -87.85313333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

First known as Baldwin Presbyterian Church, members met in 1847, in Old Union Church near John Gallagher Springs. In 1903, the membership was moved to this site and the name was changed to Stockton Presbyterian Church. In 1956, the membership moved into its new church on this same site. The bell in the steeple was housed in all three buildings. May it continue to toll and call all future generations into Thy service.

1997 by Presbyterian Church U.S.A.







End of Stockton Presbyterian Church Organized 1847