Historic Markers Across Alabama



Confederate Redoubt No. 4



Marker ID:  
Location: on Spanish Main St at Cavalry Charge, Spanish Fort, AL
County: Baldwin
Coordinates: N 30° 40.899    W 087° 54.679
  30.68165    -87.91131666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMTXJQ
 



Text:

Confederate Redoubt No. 4



Redoubt No. 4 was part of the Confederate line known as Red Fort. Capt. John Phillip’s Tennessee Light Artillery manned the redoubt until they were relieved on April 4, 1865 by Garrity's Alabama Light Artillery. Lt. Henry Carrell temporally commanded Garrity’s Battery during the battle. The redoubt was armed with two 12-pounder Napoleons, one 12-pounder howitzer and two mortars.

Erected by Sons of Confederate Veterans
Admiral Semmes Camp 11.







End of Confederate Redoubt No. 4