Historic Markers Across Alabama



Barbour County High School



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: Located in front of the school off Alabama Highway 10, Clio, Alabama.
County: Barbour
Coordinates: N 31° 42.477    W 036.76
  31.70795    -36.01266666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMK620
 



Text:

Established under an Act of the Alabama Legislature in 1907, the school was built entirely by local initiative. It was completed in 1910 and occupied initially in September of that year. Consistently characterized by faculties of dedication and excellence, students were the recipients of vast educational advantages. From its hallowed halls have departed thousands of educated, disciplined students prepared for careers and all blessed by the institution. Last used as a school in 1961, the structure is now owned by the George C. Wallace Heritage Association and serves as a community center for the citizens of Clio.
Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the George C. Wallace Heritage Association, 1979.








End of Barbour County High School