Historic Markers Across Alabama



First Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: 201 N. Randolph Avenue, Eufaula, AL
County: Barbour
Coordinates: N 31° 53.691    W 085° 08.626
  31.89485    -85.14376666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMFJHP
 



Text:

In 1836 sixteen Eufaula Presbyterians met in a room above William McKenzie's store to hold worship services. By 1838 the congregation had built their first sanctuary dedicated to worship on the southeast corner of Forsyth Ave. and Union Street. Eufaula's first church bell rang from the Greek Revival building. By the 1860's the congregation had begun to grow. In 1869, John McNab paid to have this sanctuary built here at the corner of Randolph Ave. and Church Place. It is a Gothic structure built in the style of an English parish church. The Sunday school building and fellowship hall were added in 1959.








End of First Presbyterian Church