Historic Markers Across Alabama



The First National Bank of Jacksonville



Marker ID:  
Location: at the intersection of Pelham Road North and Clinton Street Southwest, Jacksonville, Alabama
County: Calhoun
Coordinates: N 33° 48.85    W 085° 45.7
  33.81416666    -85.76166666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMF6GM
 



Text:

Since 1890 the financial interests of this area have been served by The First National Bank and its predecessor The Tredagar National Bank (an institution of the "Boom" days of Jacksonville)

Organizers were Peyton Rowan, President, Jos. W. Burke (Brig. Gen. USA), Vice Pres., and George P. Ide, Cashier. Horace Lee Stevenson, Pres. 1900-1913.

Name changed to First National Bank March 25, 1913

Presidents
Maximillian Bethune Wellborn, 1913-1914
Henry A. Young, 1914-1918
Arthur Wellborn, 1918-1934
Clarence William Daugette, 1934-1942
Clarence William Daugette, Jr., 1942 --

Erected 1964 by General John H. Forney Historical Society.







End of The First National Bank of Jacksonville