Historic Markers Across Alabama



First Consolidated High School



Marker ID: AHC 
Location:
County: Chambers
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

On a hill one-half mile east of U.S. Highway 431 stood the original Five Points High School. The imposing brick building had two floors above a full basement and a large auditorium that seated 400 people. Erected in 1916, it stood amidst an 18-acre campus, the only rural school in the state with its own electrical and steam-generating plant and water works. The school building was replaced by a one-story building in 1939. In 1974 a fire destroyed that structure which was replaced by the present building.

(Erected 1996 by the Class of 1942)








End of First Consolidated High School