Historic Markers Across Alabama



Fort Landrum Site



Marker ID:  
Location: on Berrys Chapel Rd, Jackson, AL
County: Clarke
Coordinates: N 31° 40.067    W 087° 54.705
  31.66778333    -87.91175
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Fort Landrum Site


Built around the home of John Landrum
Used during the Creek War of 1813
First Clarke County Court met here in 1813
Succeeding courts were held here until 1819

Erected by
Clarke County Historical Society - 1977







End of Fort Landrum Site