Historic Markers Across Alabama



Lineville Alabama



Marker ID:  
Location: 88801 AL-9, Lineville, AL
County: Clay
Coordinates: N 33° 18.628    W 085° 45.271
  33.31046666    -85.75451666
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

This historic site marks the first
settlement known as "Lundie's
Crossroads" settled in 1838. The name
changed to "County Line" in 1856. Clay
County was formed on this line from
Randolph and Talladega Counties in
1866. The town was named Lineville on
Feb. 3, 1870 and incorporated Dec. 14,
1898.

This historic marker was erected
on the 100th year celebration 1998.


1998 by City of Lineville







End of Lineville Alabama