Historic Markers Across Alabama



Holloway Tabernacle Church



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: Convergence of Co. Rds. 639 and 646, southwest of Enterprise 
County: Coffee
Coordinates: N 31° 14.60    W 085° 57.842
  31.24333333    -85.96403333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Holloway Tabernacle Church
Established 1912


The first congregational meetings were held in a small former dwelling house. In 1915 this congregation joined with the Alabama District of The Assemblies of God. First pastors were: Rev. Elijah Spence and Rev. Wayne Tomlin. First deacons were: G. W. Grimes, Jim Holloway, A. D. Grimes and Dan Stinson. Charter members were: Joe and Mary T. Holloway, George and Anna Grimes, Dan and Georgan Stinson, John W. Holloway, Dewey P. Holloway, Jim Holloway, Andrew and Mary Bell Grimes, Melinda J. Kennedy, Francis Anderson, Oscar and Mattie Weeks, Ellen Wooten and Alice Grimes.








End of Holloway Tabernacle Church