Historic Markers Across Alabama



The Old Brick Presbyterian Church 1820



Marker ID: AHA 
Location:
County: Colbert
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Old Brick Church began in 1820 as the Mt. Pleasant Cumberland Presbyterian Church and met in a frame building which burned in 1824. The present building has undergone few changes since its construction in 1828 when the congregation was officially chartered. In 1906 the congregation joined with what became the United Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. It officially took its present name in 1961. In 1983 Old Brick became part of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Sunday services have been conducted regularly since 1820, except during the Civil War.







End of The Old Brick Presbyterian Church 1820