Historic Markers Across Alabama



Evangelical Protestant Church



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: at the intersection of 4th Street Southwest and 5th Avenue Southwest, Cullman, Alabama
County: Cullman
Coordinates: N 34° 10.35    W 086° 50.767
  34.1725    -86.84611666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

The first church in the City of Cullman was established on this block of land donated by the North and South Railroad in February 1874. Lots 154, 155, 180 and 181 were granted to Henry Dietz, August Henning, and George Stoback as trustees of the Evangelical Protestant Church for the sole purpose of constructing a church building. Col. John Cullman, land agent, was a charter member of the church. The church building was made into a dwelling house after the congregation moved to a new location, 512 Second Avenue East, in 1881.







End of Evangelical Protestant Church