Historic Markers Across Alabama



St. Johns Evangelical Protestant Church



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: on 2nd Avenue Southeast north of 6th Street Southeast, Cullman, Alabama
County: Cullman
Coordinates: N 34° 10.4    W 086° 50.333
  34.17333333    -86.83888333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

St. Johns Evangelical Protestant Church The first church at the town site of Cullman. Founded May 1, 1874, at the beginning of the second year of settlement.

An ethnic German church formed by immigrant families. Services held exclusively in the German language until 1932. In 1937, the Evangelical German churches merged with the Reformed churches and the national Evangelical and reformed denomination was established. St. John's became a part of the United Church of Christ in 1957.







End of St. Johns Evangelical Protestant Church