Historic Markers Across Alabama



St. John's Evangelical Protestant Church



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: On 2nd Ave between 5th and 6th St., Cullman, AL
County: Cullman
Coordinates: N 34° 10.402    W 086° 50.345
  34.17336666    -86.83908333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMGR7Q
 



Text:

The first church at the town site of Cullman. Founded May 1, 1874, at the beginning of the second year of settlement.

An ethnic German church formed by immigrant families. Services held exclusively in the German language until 1932. In 1937, the Evangelical German churches merged with the Reformed churches and the national Evangelical and Reformed denomination was established. St. John’s became a part of the United Church of Christ in 1957.







End of St. John's Evangelical Protestant Church