Historic Markers Across Alabama



Sturdivant Hall



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: on Mabry Street south of Jeff Davis Avenue, Selma, Alabama
County: Dallas
Coordinates: N 32° 24.783    W 087° 1.709
  32.41305    -87.02848333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

One of the finest examples of neo-classic architecture in the South; designed by Thomas Helm Lee for Edward T. Watts. Completed in 1853. Sold in 1864 to John M. Parkman, 1870 to Emile Gillman. Purchased in 1957 through a bequest from Robert Daniel Sturdivant and operated by the Sturdivant Museum Association







End of Sturdivant Hall