Historic Markers Across Alabama



Robinson Springs United Methodist Church



Marker ID: AHC 
Location: 5980 Main Street, Millbrook, AL
County: Elmore
Coordinates: N 32° 30.942    W 086° 22.519
  32.5157    -86.37531666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

This notable Greek Revival structure was completed in the late 1840's on land donated by Eli Robinson. The congregation was established 1828-1830 & the first church, built of logs, was located 0.1 mile east of here. Charter members were: Rev. Peyton & Martha Bibb; James Robinson; William Zeigler; George Speigner; Lewis G. & Mary Robinson; Alexander McKeithen; Benjamin Gaines, Sr.; and Mr. & Mrs. Ezekiel Cooper. The present structure has remained virtually intact, retaining its altar rail, slave gallery, pews & coin silver Communion service. It is documented in the Historic American Building Survey & was placed on the National Register of Historic Places March 1, 1982.

Erected 1983 by the congregation







End of Robinson Springs United Methodist Church