Historic Markers Across Alabama



Wetumpka L&N Depot



Marker ID: AHC 
Location: Located at the historical depot on N Broad Street at W Coosa St, Wetumpka, AL
County: Elmore
Coordinates: N 32° 32.471    W 086° 12.690
  32.54118333    -86.2115
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

The Louisville and Nashville Depot in Wetumpka was built in 1906 and exemplified the L & N plan for small town depots. The station served as a passenger and freight depot until passenger service was terminated in the 1930s and as a freight depot until 1973. In 1975 it was purchased by the First United Methodist Church of Wetumpka and since that time has been restored as a meeting place for the Senior M.Y.F. & children's choir. The Wetumpka Depot players and youth of the church also present musicals and plays here throughout the year. National Register of Historic Places July 1, 1975.


(Erected 1988)







End of Wetumpka L&N Depot