Historic Markers Across Alabama



Pleasant Ridge Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: Pleasant Ridge Road, Eutaw, AL
County: Greene
Coordinates: N 33° 0.766    W 088° 5.142
  33.01276666    -88.0857
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

By appointment of Tuscaloosa Presbytery, Nov. 18, 1848 Rev. J. L. Kirkpatrick and Rev. C. A. Stillman organized a Presbyterian Church at Pleasant Ridge, Alabama. There were 13 charter members. Services were held in a home near site of present church.

The first pastor, Rev. J. P. McMullen, served from 1855 until he was killed while serving the Confederacy at Resaca, Ga. 1864. The church building erected 1859, has been a blessing to all who have worshipped here through the years.

1976 by Alabama Historical Association.







End of Pleasant Ridge Presbyterian Church