Historic Markers Across Alabama



St. Andrew's Church (Episcopal) — Prairieville —



Marker ID:  
Location: on County Road 12 west of State Highway 69, Prairieville, Alabama
County: Hale
Coordinates: N 32° 30.59    W 087° 42.074
  32.50983333    -87.70123333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM5YFC
 



Text:

1834 - Organized as mission by Rev. Caleb S. Ives for settlers coming here to the Canebrake from Atlantic Seaboard

1844 - made parish of Diocese of Alabama
1851 - this site selected
1853-54 - this building erected

Erected 1956 by Alabama Historical Association.







End of St. Andrew's Church (Episcopal) — Prairieville —