Historic Markers Across Alabama



First Baptist Church of Headland



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: at the Church: 301 East Church Street, Headland, Alabama.
County: Henry
Coordinates: N 31° 21.089    W 085° 20.295
  31.35148333    -85.33825
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMKA0R
 



Text:

Organized in 1867, as the Baptist Church of Christ at Bethlehem, it was located at 1 Cleveland Street. Reverend Thomas Scott was first pastor. William Whitehead was first deacon. Moved to East Church and Peachtree Street in 1893. Moved to present site in 1909. Name changed to Headland Missionary Baptist Church. Name changed to First Baptist Church of Headland in 1954.

1979 by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the Henry County Historical Society



Notes:

Marker Dedication or Erection Date:  August 19, 1979



End of First Baptist Church of Headland