Historic Markers Across Alabama



Liberty Baptist Church



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: 477 Liberty Road, Pansey, Alabama.
County: Houston
Coordinates: N 31° 9.764    W 085° 10.608
  31.16273333    -85.1768
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMKMHH
 



Text:

The church was organized in 1867 under a brush arbor very near the present sanctuary. The brush arbor was replaced by a log building and services were conducted in the log building until approximately 1895. It was in 1895 that Liberty Baptist Church joined the Columbia Baptist association by petition. In 1896 a stacked plank frame building replaced the log building and was used until 1923. In 1924 the present sanctuary was built. All new converts were baptized in Cedar Creek.

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name." Psalm 100:4

Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and Liberty Baptist Church, 2004.



Notes:

Marker Dedication or Erection Date: August 8, 2004




End of Liberty Baptist Church