Historic Markers Across Alabama



Ross Bridge



Marker ID:  
Location: on Ross Bridge Parkway 2.7 miles north of State Highway 150, Hoover, Alabama
County: Jefferson
Coordinates: N 33° 23.148    W 086° 52.014
  33.3858    -86.8669
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

In 1858 James Taylor Ross, a Scotchman, migrated to the South, acquired land and homesteaded in what is now Shades Valley. He provided land for the construction of a railway, including a bridge spanning Ross Creek. After the Ross family moved westward, his property was purchased in 1907 by TCI, a predecessor of U.S. Steel. In 2002, U.S. Steel, Daniel Corp. and the Retirement Systems of Ala. combined to develop the community of Ross Bridge.

Erected by Hoover Historical Society.







End of Ross Bridge