Historic Markers Across Alabama



The Collins House



Marker ID:  
Location: 12632 Confederate Pkwy, Mc Calla, AL
County: Jefferson
Coordinates: N 33° 14.934    W 087° 4.319
  33.2489    -87.07198333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

The Collins House
1834


Built in the late 1870s near Vernon, Alabama by Edward Francis Collins. Logs were cut from timber on the family farm and hand hewed.

The house remained in the Collins family until it was moved to this site in the spring of 1984.

It was given to the Tannehill State Park by Mrs. Cullen S. Collins and her family of Vernon.

Erected by Alabama Historic Ironworks Commission.







End of The Collins House