Historic Markers Across Alabama



The Ogden House



Marker ID: AHC 
Location: intersection of AL Route 17 and Brown St, Sulligent, AL
County: Lamar
Coordinates: N 33° 53.994    W 088° 7.985
  33.8999    -88.13308333
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Built in 1888, this was the first house constructed within the city limits of Sulligent after incorporation. It was the family home of William W. and Tallulah Henson Ogden. One of the founders and chief promoters of Sulligent. Mr. Ogden was a merchant, banker, planter, Mayor of Sulligent 1919-1921 and member of the Alabama House of Representatives 1931-1934.

Leila Ogden, daughter of the builder, presented this house to the Town of Sulligent in 1975.







End of The Ogden House