Historic Markers Across Alabama



Earliest Methodist Congregation in Lauderdale County, Alabama



Marker ID: AHA 
Location:
County: Lauderdale
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Organized June 1818 near mouth of Blue Water Creek by Circuit Riders and became part of Richland Circuit of Giles County, Tenn. Church later moved to Center Star (Originally known as Masonville) and named Driskel's Chapel until circa 1893, then relocated one mile east and renamed Center Star Methodist. Six locations have been used by congregation since organized.








End of Earliest Methodist Congregation in Lauderdale County, Alabama